home » nossos cursos » teste de nivelamento
Take our test to see how ready you are
1) Please leave your room key at Reception.
2) Foreign money changed here.
3) Afternoon show begins at 2 pm.
4) Closed for holidays. Lessons start again on the 8th January.
5) Price per night: € 10 a tent, € 5 a person.
Scotland is the north part of the island of Great Britain. The Atlantic Ocean is on the west and the North Sea on the east. Some people (6) .................. Scotland speak a different language called Gaelic.
There are (7) _____________ five million people in Scotland
and Edinburgh is (8) _____________ most famous city.
Scotland has many mountains; the highest one is called ‘Ben Nevis’. In the south of Scotland, there are a lot of sheep. A long time ago, there (9) _____________ many forests
but now there are only a (10) _____________. Scotland is only a small country, but it is quite beautiful.
Alice Guy Blanché was the first female film director and the first to use many new inventions, (11)_________ sound and colour
In 1907 Alice (12) _____________to New York where she started her own film company.
She was (13) _____________ successful, but, when Hollywood became the centre of the film world
the best days of the independent New York film companies were (14) _____________.
When Alice died in 1968, hardly anybody (15) _____________ her name.
UFO is short for ‘unidentified flying object’. UFOs are popularly known as flying saucers, (16) _____________ that is often the (17) _____________ they are reported to be.
The (18) _____________ “flying saucers” were seen in 1947 by an American pilot, but experts who studied his claim decided it had been a trick of the light.
Even people experienced at watching the sky, (19) _____________ as pilots, report seeing UFOs. In 1978 a pilot reported a collection of UFOs off the coast of New Zealand.
A television (20) _____________ went up with the pilot and filmed the UFOs. Scientists studying this phenomenon later discovered that in this case they were simply lights on boats out fishing.
21) The teacher encouraged her students _____________ to an English pen friend.
22) They spent a lot of time _____________ at the pictures in the museum.
23) Shirley enjoys science lessons, but all her experiments seem to _____________ wrong.
24) _____________ from Michael, all the group arrived on time.
25) She _____________ her neighbour’s children for the broken window.
26) As I had missed the history lesson, my friend went _____________ the homework with me.
27) Whether she’s a good actress or not is a _____________ of opinion.
28) The decorated roof of the ancient palace was _____________up by four thin columns.
29) Would it _____________ you if we came on Thursday?
30) This form _____________ be handed in until the end of the week.
31) If you make a mistake when you are writing, just _____________ it out with your pen.
32) Although our opinions on many things _____________, we’re good friends.
33) This product must be eaten _____________ two days of purchase.
34) The newspaper report contained _____________ important information.
35) Have you considered _____________to London?
36) It can be a good idea for people who lead an active life to increase their _____________ of vitamins.
37) I thought there was a _____________ of jealousy in his reaction to my good fortune.
38) Why didn’t you _____________ that you were feeling ill?
39) James was not sure exactly where his best interests _____________.
40) He's still getting ____________ the shock of losing his job.